From time to time ratepayers find themselves in need of assistance with their monthly utility bills. If you find yourself in this situation, here are the suggested steps to follow.
Step 1. Contact your utility. Your utility may have the ability to switch you to a cheaper rate plan, provide you an extension to your bill date, provide you access to assistance programs if you qualify, or help you talk to a financial counselor.
- Call your utility by looking for their phone number on your bill or online
- Visit your utility's website to familiarize yourself with their bill assistance programs
Step 2. Contact a local charity. Contact a local charity that can walk you through assistance you are eligible for. Don’t give up if you don’t get through the first time, keep calling. If the charity is unable to help, they will likely refer you to another that can.
For residents that reside outside of Maricopa or Pima County.
- Dial 211 • 211.org
- Wildfire: 602-604-0640 • https://wildfireaz.org/find-help/energy-assistance
The following charities help Pima County residents.
- Interfaith Community Services: 520-297-6049 • ictucson.org
- Pima County Community Action Agency (residents of Tucson): 520-724-2667 • azcaa.org/pima
- Salvation Army Tucson: 520-792-1111 • salvationarmytucson.org
- St. Vincent de Paul of Southern AZ (St.Mary’s to Grant; I-10 to Stone): 520-628-7837 • svdptucson.org
The following charities help Maricopa County residents.
- American Legion (veterans only): 602-264-7706.
- Avondale Community Action Program: 855-204-7797 or 623-333-2703.
- AZCEND: 480-963-1423.
- Buckeye Office of Social Services: 623-386-6365, Press 1.
- Chicanos Por La Causa: 602-618-1974.
- Phoenix John F. Long Family Service Center: 602-262-6510.
- Phoenix Travis L. Williams Family Service Center: 602-534-4732.
- Friendly House: 602-283-4330.
- Glendale Community Action Program: 480-730-3093.
- Guadalupe Community Action Agency: 480-730-3093.
- Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest: 480-284-1081.
- Maricopa County Human Services Department: 602-506-5911.
- MIHS Family Learning Center at Comprehensive Healthcare Center: 602-344-1352.
- MIHS Family Learning Center at Maryvale Family Health Center: 623-344-6955.
- MIHS Family Learning Center at South Central Family Health Center: 602-344-6460.
- MIHS Family Learning Center at Chandler Family Health Center: 480-344-6165.
- Peoria Senior Center: 623-979-3570.
- Phoenix Day Center: 602-252-4911, press 104.
- Pilgrim Rest Foundation: 602-258-0831.
- Salvation Army: 602-267-4127.
- Sunnyslope Family Service Center: 602-495-5229.
- St. Vincent de Paul: 602-266-4673.
- Sun City Community Action Network: 623-933-7530.
- Tempe Community Action Agency: 480-350-5880.
- Tolleson Community Action Program: 623-936-2760.
- UMOM New Day Centers: 602-595-8700.
- Wickenburg Community Action Program: 928-684-7894.